Everything must be politically and religiously neutral. Despite our PERSONAL beliefs and ideals, The Nerd Empire strives to keep all posts neutral in these areas. Even though we are currently working on our new site, launching at the end of April 2015, we are still considering all contributions.
- Any and all how to’s need to have clear steps. You may write this up, do this as a video or both, but each step needs to be clearly stated.
- Everything needs to be kid friendly. We want to be sure that crafts and recipes are things that can be made with children around as we have viewers of all ages. Please keep this in mind when pondering things.
- We accept all sorts of recipes, be it Vegitarian, Vegan, Diabetic, Glutton Free etc, we want them all and know someone will benefit from them.
- All book reviews must have the cover image
- Reviews must have buy links back to the book
- There must be some sort of balance between pros and cons. Reviews cannot be all negative or all positive. If you have questions on this, please feel free to email us.
- Feel free to add teasers
- If it is 18+, please let us know
- We currently have, and tend to always have, books that authors send us for review. If you would like to take on one of these books and review them, be sure to let us know! We can always use the help with reviewing books.
Movie/TV show reviews
- All movie reviews should have stills from the movie or show
- TV show reviews can go as follows: Season premier followed by a season finale review, Premier, Mid-season and finale review, or episode by episode basis. This latter one works better for shorter series’ but that is your call.
- You can review shows new and old, we don’t judge and encourage all kinds of shows.
- Be sure to discuss characters, plot, overall story etc. These tend to be pretty lengthy, so please be sure to add some stills to break it up a bit.
- If the movie or show is 18+ be sure to make a note of that.
- Currently the shows we have covered are: The Flash, Arrow, Black Sails, The Walking Dead, Daredevil
- Game reviews tend to follow the same lines as film, but what you discuss is more detailed
- Game play, controls, graphics, characters, storyline etc are things to be discussed when reviewing a game
- Add some stills in so our viewers can see some of the amazingness of the game
- Again, we don’t judge on games. Tabletop, board games, console games, any and all games are welcome for review here!
- Board games: Talk about how easy or hard It was to learn, how many players, kinds of people that would be interested. This also goes for table top and simply non-console games.
- Be sure to state the publisher and artists
- When doing the review, discuss the art style, story line, Target age audience
- It can be comics new and old, web comics or weekly hard copies and from any publisher, including the artist you find at cons trying to sell his comic. We’re not picky.
- We occasionally get comics to review, so if you would like us to send you a PDF of a comic we’ve got, let us know and we can send that right to you!
Keep in mind that you don’t have to “Be one of us” if you just want to make the occasional post, but if you send us a few things and find that you have the time and would like to join our team (With the potential of pay or other compensation), that is also an option. Be sure to message us and we will set it all up!